James C. Olita
James C. Olita has been practicing law since 1986, and has been committed to family law virtually since he entered the bar. Early in his career, he established his first domestic relations firm. Shortly thereafter he became a managing partner at Olita, Kedzie, Saywitz, Tatooles & Foley, where he focused on domestic relations and family law. From 1990 to 2007, he practiced family law at his Law Offices of James C. Olita, where he gained extensive trial experience and settled the largest statutory custodial claim award to date in Illinois history. He was a founding partner of Olita & Johnson from 2007 through 2015 when he established his law firm, Olita Law Group, LLC concentrating in domestic relations matters.
James has represented a wide range of client's including CEO's and executives of fortune 500 companies, professional athletes and members of the Illinois judiciary and has represented clients in numerous states and countries. A member of the Illinois State Bar Associations Matrimonial Committee, James has considerable experience in domestic relations and statutory custodial claims, having authored several published articles and lectured before ministries and organizations throughout Illinois. James represents clients in divorce, custody, visitation, support, unmarried parent actions, prenuptial agreements, post-decree matters, maintenance or spousal support, statutory custodial claims and guardianship. James secured the first third-party and grandparent Parenting Plan in Illinois since new the changes to family law were instituted on January 1, 2016.
- Illinois, 1987
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL (1986) J.D.
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL/Cambridge University, London, England (1983)
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Lawyers, The National Advocates, 2016
Professional Memberships and Associations
- Chicago Bar Association, Family Law Committee
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- NPYTF, Inc., Vice President
- Naperville Patriots, Legal Counsel
- Statutory Custodial Claims
Past Employment Positions
- Olita & Johnson, PC, Partner
- Olita, Kedzie, Saywitz, Tatooles & Foley, Managing Partner