Leyla Parada was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 2008, after graduating from The University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minnesota. She received her bachelors degree from the University of Minnesota, where she double majored in political science and speech communications.
Leyla has been working with families since 2007, first as a Certified Student Attorney with the Indian Child Welfare Law Center in Minneapolis, where she worked to help Native American families involved in both DCFS and placement proceedings. Leyla later served as a Kane County Assistant States Attorney, handling both misdemeanor and felony criminal matters from indictment through trial and sentencing. Leyla spent the majority of her time at the State's Attorney's Office in the Domestic Violence Unit, where she worked with families and gained experience dealing with the difficult and painful situations that can occur in marriages and families. In 2010, Leyla established a solo practice, focusing on both family law and criminal defense.
Leyla has participated in the Guardian Ad Litem training as well as the American Association of Matrimonial Lawyers Collaborative Law Training. Leyla trained law enforcement officers on the Order of Protection and Stalking No Contact order statutes and requirements. Her extensive experience in family law and other domestic relations issues allows her to educate and aid clients on the complexity and difficult process of divorce and other family law matters.
- Illinois, 2008
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, MN (May 2008) J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, (2005) B.A. Political Science and Speech Communications
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kane County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association (Past)
- Chicago Bar Association (Past)
Past Employment Positions
- Olita & Johnson, PC, Geneva, IL, Associate (2014-2015)
- Law Office of Leyla Parada, PC, Wheaton, IL, Owner (2010-2014)
- Kane County State's Attorney's Office, St. Charles, IL, Assistant State's Attorney (2008-2010)